Sun protection is the product that most of our retailers and consumers have requested from me over time, and as a product developer in the skincare industry, the SUN range has also been the most difficult challenge to solve. Because how do you crack the code on what I haven't been able to find on the skin care shelves myself?
Do you have dry, sensitive or irritated skin? Or do you know the feeling of your skin feeling a size too small after showering? You are not alone.
The reason can be found in something as simple as your daily shower, hand wash, face cleanse and use of hand sanitizer. Water pushes your skin's pH level out of sync, making it susceptible for dryness, irritation and itchiness.
This innovative, instantly balancing pH solution promotes skin health by gently restoring its natural protective barrier, also known as the acid mantle. When your pH level is in balance, your skin is in balance.
HERO is your step 0: Use it as the first product after shower, hand wash, face cleanse and as needed throughout the day.
Daily use of HERO will effectively help prevent moisture loss, skin sensitivity, dryness and damage from environmental factors while strengthening the skin’s natural ability to renew and regenerate. HERO helps provide the best conditions for the skin’s healing process on the body, face and/or scalp.
One HERO fits all - for the whole family.
HERO has won several awards from the best critics in Denmark and Europe: Beautyspace, Danish Beauty Award, Dutch Beauty Award, Global Green Beauty Award and Beauty Shortlist - most of them awarding HERO as the best, most natural and most innovative skincare product.
Statements based on a questionnaire survey among women aged 25-60 with approx. 200 responses from August 2022 show that 88% say that HERO relieves dry skin, 88% say that HERO adds moisture to the skin, 75% use HERO one or more times a day and 95% of women with unproblematic skin say that HERO relieves skin dryness, while 89% of women with dry skin say that HERO relieves skin dryness.
Why is the skin's pH important?
Your skin’s pH level is essential for its well-being. When the pH is slightly acidic, around 5, your skin is in balance. But as soon as it gets in contact with water, detergents, sanitizers etc. the skin’s pH is affected in an alkaline direction. HERO brings the skin’s pH back at the ideal value around 5 and restores the acid mantle.
Learn more about skin pH in the article Skin pH – a skin in balance.
- Apply daily to the face, neck and chest, hands, scalp and/or body – the areas you wish to protect and balance.
- Apply on dry skin after contact with water.
- Do not rinse off. HERO pH solution 02 is a leave-on product.
- Apply immediately after showering, facial cleansing, hand washing or other contact with soap, hand sanitizer or cleaning products to instantly stabilize the pH of your skin.
- Use with your preferred Karmameju skincare products for the face or body.
- HERO pH solution 02 can also be used on dermatologically-challenged areas of the skin to ensure the best conditions for the skin’s healing process.
- Ideal after swimming, hand washing, doing the dishes, cleaning, etc.
CAUTION Rinse with water in case of contact with eyes. Do not ingest. Skin test recommended. Store in a cool place away from sunlight.
- HERO immediately stabilises the skin’s pH value
- Use HERO as the first step in your skincare routine, and during the day after hand-washing, cleaning, etc.
- HERO can be used on face, body and in the scalp
- HERO can be used by everyone in the family
- HERO stabilises the skin’s pH value after showers and cleansing of the skin
- Several consumers have experienced benefits when using HERO multiple times throughout the day in periods with challenged skin
pH and the skin
- The skin’s pH value is essential for the skin’s condition, look, and health
- The use of water, soap, and chemicals disrupt the skin’s natural pH value and pushes the skin’s protective acid mantle temporarily out of sync
- A normal shower pushes the skin’s pH value to a more alkaline level which disrupts the skin’s natural acid mantle
- Depending on age, gender and skin type, it can take hours before the optimal pH value is stabilised and restored
- Skin with a too alkaline pH value is often dry, vulnerable, oily or irritated – and this is the main reason for many skin issues
- Scientific studies document the importance of a stabilised pH value to wound healing as well as skin disorders and general skin diseases such as seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, rosacea, eczema, and acne
The optimal pH of the skin is one of the most important “active ingredients” we can ensure the skin gets. HERO pH solution 02 has the mildest, most simple list of ingredients. It is the combination of these ingredients – in the right amounts and the correct formulation – that stabilises the skin’s pH.
Ingredients: Aqua/water/eau, glycerin (vegetable), pentylene glycol (natural source), pectin, hydroxyacetophenone, citric acid. Ingredient list may change or vary. Please always refer to ingredient list on product packaging.
THIS PRODUCT IS VEGAN & FREE FROM PERFUME
EAN number: 5710334015650
What is pH?
pH is a numeric value that is applied to measure the acidity of a hydrous solution, skincare products and on the surface of the skin. The pH scale measures how acidic or alkaline a substance is, and the scale ranges from 0 to 14; a pH of 7 is neutral, a pH of less than 7 is acidic and a pH higher than 7 is alkaline. Balanced skin thrives with a pH value of approximately 5, meaning that the skin pH is slightly acidic. Conversely, the inner body thrives at a neutral pH value of 7.
Is your skin’s pH in balance or is it out of sync?
Why is the skin’s pH so significant?
The skin deserves the best conditions and the most significant starting point for achieving healthy skin is a stabilised pH value. The pH of the skin plays a crucial role in the skin’s condition and appearance. Changes in the pH value affect the enzyme activity and disrupt the natural cell renewal processes that are vital to the skin’s health.
The skin has a delicate protective layer on the surface; the acid mantle, which consists of sebum and sweat from the many microscopic pores in the skin. The acid mantle’s most important job is to protect the skin by maintaining an optimal balance of moisture, natural protective oils and the skin’s vital bacterial flora. At the same time, it has to protect from harmful exogenous bacteria, fungal infections, UV radiation and pollution. The acid mantle functions as an essential protective barrier and “a knight in shining armour” for the skin’s immune system.
Read the entire Science explanation here under Guides and rituals.
Great product, helps so much with my psoriasis flare-ups and keeps my face moisturized all day.
HERO works for both my husband and me, even though we have very different skin. He is challenged by redness whereas I have dry skin.
Hero, despite its light, thin texture, makes a huge positive difference in the care of my hands. I easily get dry hands, but have been able to turn use less hand cream since I discovered Hero. It is as if it puts an invisible, protective shield on the hands that act as Teflon against the cold and wind.
I tend to have very dry hands and therefore use Hero after hand washing as it adds moisture to the skin and dries quickly without grease. I also have a bottle standing on the bedside table so that both hands and feet get one last shot of moisture before the night.
Balances and prevents outbreaks.
Combine HERO with
For optimized skincare