SUN SMOOTHIE - or popsicles
Optimal hydration and nutrition for the body before, during and after time in the sun - and sweet as sugar (in the most healthy way, of course).
We have created the perfect sweet combination of cantaloupe melon with its low sugar content, mango and sweet potato, which, although very sweet, is very low in the glycemic index *.
SUN SMOOTHIE contains:
- Carotenoids, which naturally give the skin a healthy glow (cantaloupe melon, sweet potato).
- The powerful antioxidant vitamin C, which helps protect against UV radiation (cantaloupe melon, sweet potato, orange, mango).
- The mineral potassium, an electrolyte that maintains good fluid balance (cantaloupe melon, orange).
- Skin-strengthening and UV-protective vitamin A (sweet potato, mango)
* (Glycemic Index (abbreviated GI) is an expression of how much the blood sugar rises after eating a food, in relation to a reference value. Source: Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries of Denmark)
The recipe gives approx. ½ liter smoothie
Fruits and vegetables can be used either frozen or fresh.
- ¼ cantaloupe melon
- 1.5 dl mango (1/2 mango))
- 1.5 dl sweet potato **
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1 - 1.5 dl. water or coconut water
- 2 tsp. olive oil, coconut oil or similar.
** Sweet potatoes cannot be eaten raw. Steam or bake it before adding to the smoothie.
- Steam sweet potatoes before use. Bake them at low heat or boil some water in a saucepan and place a sieve with the vegetables over the saucepan and let them steam for approx. 10 minutes.
Allow to cool before use. If necessary, prepare larger portions at a time and freeze it so you have for several days.
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend until you have a smooth smoothie.
- Finally add the oil, blend for another 10 seconds and the smoothie is ready to drink.
- Enjoy cooled as a smoothie or freeze it to popsicles. If you use all the ingredients frozen, it turns into a refreshing cold slush ice or dessert.