STABILIZE / All skin types
HERO / pH SOLUTION 02 - Travel size
- Apply daily to the face, neck and chest, hands, scalp and/or body – the areas you wish to protect and balance.
- Apply on dry skin after contact with water.
- Do not rinse off. HERO pH solution 02 is a leave-on product.
- Apply immediately after showering, facial cleansing, hand washing or other contact with soap, hand sanitizer or cleaning products to instantly stabilize the pH of your skin.
- Use with your preferred Karmameju skincare products for the face or body.
- HERO pH solution 02 can also be used on dermatologically-challenged areas of the skin to ensure the best conditions for the skin’s healing process.
- Ideal after swimming, hand washing, doing the dishes, cleaning, etc.
CAUTION Rinse with water in case of contact with eyes. Do not ingest. Skin test recommended. Store in a cool place away from sunlight.
The optimal pH of the skin is one of the most important “active ingredients” we can ensure the skin gets. HERO pH solution 02 has the mildest, most simple list of ingredients. It is the combination of these ingredients – in the right amounts and the correct formulation – that stabilises the skin’s pH.
Ingredients: Aqua/water/eau, glycerin (vegetable), pentylene glycol (natural source), pectin, hydroxyacetophenone, citric acid. Ingredient list may change or vary. Please always refer to ingredient list on product packaging.
I have been a part of the test panel for HERO since I suffer from rosacea. It is surprising how healing it was to my skin and my redness have disappeared. I use it both in the morning and in the evening and I have no skin problems anymore.
Maria, 42 years, Langeskov
What is pH?
pH is a numeric value that is applied to measure the acidity of a hydrous solution, skincare products and on the surface of the skin. The pH scale measures how acidic or alkaline a substance is, and the scale ranges from 0 to 14; a pH of 7 is neutral, a pH of less than 7 is acidic and a pH higher than 7 is alkaline. Balanced skin thrives with a pH value of approximately 5, meaning that the skin pH is slightly acidic. Conversely, the inner body thrives at a neutral pH value of 7.
Is your skin’s pH in balance or is it out of sync?
Why is the skin’s pH so significant?
The skin deserves the best conditions and the most significant starting point for achieving healthy skin is a stabilised pH value. The pH of the skin plays a crucial role in the skin’s condition and appearance. Changes in the pH value affect the enzyme activity and disrupt the natural cell renewal processes that are vital to the skin’s health.
The skin has a delicate protective layer on the surface; the acid mantle, which consists of sebum and sweat from the many microscopic pores in the skin. The acid mantle’s most important job is to protect the skin by maintaining an optimal balance of moisture, natural protective oils and the skin’s vital bacterial flora. At the same time, it has to protect from harmful exogenous bacteria, fungal infections, UV radiation and pollution. The acid mantle functions as an essential protective barrier and “a knight in shining armour” for the skin’s immune system.
Read the entire Science explanation here under Guides and rituals.