20 hair tips
Good haircare is seldomly straightforward.
Here, we have our best tips and tricks for hair and scalp.
1. When washing your hair, the scalp is actually the most important part of your head to wash. In fact, we should rename hair washing as scalp washing. Make sure your scalp is the focus of your hair washing. Massage it and ideally give it a gentle scratch with your nails or with our scalp brush. The scalp is where dead skin cells, the skin’s natural oils, styling products, pollutants and dirt accumulate. This is not good for the small hair follicles, which should ideally have a healthy environment with plenty of room to grow new hair. Clogged hair follicles will result in thinner, more fragile hairs, ingrown hairs and small, red bumps on the scalp.
ACTIVATE scalp brush is an extra “helping hand” when you stand there under the shower. It effectively removes build-up around the hair follicles, clearing the path for undisturbed, oxygenated hair follicles and strengthened hair strands, while the massaging movements relieve muscle tension and headaches.
2. Don’t wash your hair too often. The more frequently you wash your hair, the more oil the scalp will produce in an attempt to make up for the drying effect caused by shampoo and hair washing. This can become a vicious cycle and give you an oily scalp. Use PUFF dry shampoo on days where you skip the hair wash. A natural and perfume-free dry shampoo, which effectively degreases hair with a few, simple puffs of fine silky powder mix.
3. Wash your hair in lukewarm water. Water of around 40 degrees is said to be the ideal temperature to wash your hair. Don’t scald your hair and scalp with water that is too hot as it seriously dries out your hair, making it brittle and dull. SWISH shampoo is a gentle, naturally foaming, sulfate-free shampoo with calming, antibacterial properties from dynamic plant extracts.
4. Be sure to rinse your hair – and especially your scalp – thoroughly after each wash. Rinse in sections to ensure that all the hair product is out. Shampoo and conditioner are wash-off products that are not meant to stay on the skin and hair. ACTIVATE scalp brush makes it easier to wash all soap residue and dirt off the scalp.
5. Use our GLORY conditioner in your every-day wash routine. Its nourishing, stimulating ingredients are the perfect remedy for a dry scalp and dull hair. Massage GLORY into the scalp with massaging movements or with ACTIVATE scalp brush in wet hair and after washing with shampoo.