BEAUTY TOOL / Detox, Tone, Revitalize
BUFF / NATURAL BODY BRUSH
FOLLOW THE ILLUSTRATION FOR BRUSHING DIRECTIONS.
- Karmameju’s gentle dry skin body brush is designed for use without water or soap. Use before showering or bathing as part of your daily cleansing routine.
- Begin with light, gentle brush strokes and adapt to match the sensitivity of your skin. Commencing with the soles of your feet, brush inwards from the outermost points of your body, working rhythmically in long, straight, smooth and gentle strokes towards the heart.
- When brushing the neck, move from the shoulders and up, as you are above the heart, gravity will lead the blood naturally back to the heart.
- Brush the entire surface of your body, avoiding the tender skin of the face, breasts and décolletage. Always brush towards the heart.
- After 3-5 minutes of body brushing you can shower or bathe. A cool rinse to activate blood circulation and promote a healthy glow is recommended. After showering, buff body vigorously with a dry towel. Complete treatment with Karmameju skincare products.
- Remember to flush away the toxins released through brushing by drinking water every day. Any new routine requires time to show results, so be patient and remain consistent with your brushing ritual.
MAINTENANCE After use, push your thumb through the bristles to ensure that all skin particles have been removed. Clean your brush in warm water with a gentle soap every 2-3 weeks, then dry thoroughly - away from direct heat, ensuring the bristles are pointing down whilst drying. You can place it on clean tissue or hang it to dry in the leather strap. We recommend using a separate brush for each member of your household.
CAUTION Take care not to brush too hard and avoid irritated, bruised, sensitive or broken skin, taking extra caution around raised moles or abrasions. Do not brush when your skin is damp or wet. A slight flush to the skin is normal.
- Renews the skin
- Increases blood circulation
- Stimulates the lymphatic system
- Improves skin firmness
- Reduces cellulite
- Prevents ingrown hairs
- Reduces puffiness
- Reduces dryness knobs on the arms
- Dry brushing increases the absorption of skincare products
I am 41 and my skin has never looked better. It is superb for arthritis pain. Dry brushing my inflammatory joints – has increased my blood circulation in the colder months. I am a nurse and have recommended dry brushing for patients with arthritis.
Maria, 41 years, Frederiksberg
Skin brushing has been practiced for centuries all over the world and by many different cultures. It is a simple, easy and inexpensive way to revitalise your beauty routine - as well as your skin and energy levels. Used regularly, your body brushing will get results fast. Read on to find out more about its many benefits.
/ Boost energy
Feeling tired, listless and lacking in energy has become the norm for many. But this need not be the case. Lethargy, fatigue and a general lack of vitality can indicate that the lymphatic system is blocked, sluggish or just plain overwhelmed by stress and environmental toxins. Stimulating the lymphatic system by body brushing can get things moving again.
/ Stimulate lymph flow
/The lymphatic system is an essential part of our circulatory system, with one of its primary functions being to filter the blood. A complex network of lymphatic vessels transports the clear fluid known as 'lymph' around the body, filtering, draining and recycling as it travels. Healthy lymph flow is therefore crucial to its effectiveness.
/ Cleanse and detoxify
Lymph nodes, dotted throughout the entire body along the lymphatic pathways, filter and purify the lymph fluid, returning clean blood cells to the body and breaking down pathogens and toxins. As well as cleansing and detoxifying, the lymph system reclaims digested fats and proteins, circulating them around the body, helping to increase energy.
/ Deep Down
/While the superficial lymph vessels terminate just below the outer layer of skin, they flow back into the body's deeper lymphatic vessels. Any congestion at superficial lymphatic level will result in blockages deep down, so skin brushing is an excellent way to stimulate the activity of the entire lymphatic system by working on the surface only.
Dry brushing is beneficial for all ages, young as well as elder. Skin brushing is especially beneficial to those who are more sedentary, whether through work, age, disability or illness.
Skin brushing helps to remove old, dead skin and opens the pores, encouraging detoxification and improving skin tone. The gentle stimulation of the skin's connective top layers promotes the production of collagen and elastin fibres so body brushing can even help reduce the appearance of cellulite.