BEAUTY TOOL / All skin types
RENEW / FACE BRUSH
Follow the THE ILLUSTRATION and THE GUIDE. It takes time for any new routine to show results, so be patient and remain consistent with your brushing treatment.
- Use the face brush on dry skin in the morning before your shower and cleansing routine.
- Prepare for your brushing session by pulling back your hair and remove any eyewear/jewellery.
- Use 6 light and energetic strokes per area of the face for best results.
- Brush makeup-free skin 3-4 times a week for 2-3 minutes, depending on the sensitivity of the skin.
- As the skin around the eyes is thin and delicate, make sure you use soft strokes and never stretch or pull the skin.
- After brushing, cleanse your skin. Complete the treatment with products from the Karmameju facial range suited for your skintype and drink a large glass of water to hydrate from the inside.
MAINTENANCE After use, push your thumb through the bristles to ensure that all skin particles have been removed. Clean your brush in warm water with a gentle soap once a week, then dry thoroughly - away from direct heat, ensuring the bristles are pointing down whilst drying. We recommend using a separate brush for each member of your household.
CAUTION A slight flush to the skin is normal. Take care not to brush too hard and avoid irritated, sensitive or broken skin, taking extra caution around raised moles or abrasions. Do not use your brush if it has not been cleaned within the last week. Loose bristles may occur.
Follow the numbers on THE ILLUSTRATIONS
- Décolletage – brush from chest and shoulders towards the middle of your collarbones.
- Neck – stretch the neck and lift up the chin. Brush with long strokes down towards the collarbone.
- Jaw line – lift up the chin to stretch the skin. Use short upward strokes under the jaw line.
- Chin – pull back the lower lip to stretch the skin. Use inverted U-shaped strokes from the middle and out.
- Cheeks – stretch the skin by moving mouth and jaw to the opposite side of the area being brushed. Use inverted U-shaped strokes in an upwards and outwards direction.
- Upper lip – use short and energetic strokes from the centre of the lip and outward.
- Nose – brush upwards from the sides and tip of the nose.
- Eye area – brush around the eye and eyebrow area in circular movements.
- Temples – brush from the outer part of the eye towards the temple.
- The Third Eye (glabella) – use short upward strokes between the brows.
- Forehead – brush the entire forehead from the centre towards the temples.
- Face profile - Complete your treatment by using long downward strokes from the front and the back of the ear, towards the collarbone.
RENEW is especially great for the atopic eczema on my daughter’s skin. It really stimulates and removes the many excess skin cells and we use it on her body as well.
Pernille, 29 years, Skævinge.
A mini face-lift
When the connective tissue is stimulated, the blood circulation increases and the lymphatic system is activated. The brushing and gentle stimulation of the skin, leads blood circulation all the way to the epidermis, where the small lymph vessels are. The lymphatic system collects excess fluid in the tissue, and has a draining and preventive effect on puffy eyes, and accumulated toxins in the tissue. When the skin is activated, stimulated and exfoliated it absorbs skincare products better and strengthens the connective tissue, smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, forehead and mouth. *
* Ref.; Hanne Andersen, ALT therapist and expert in connective tissue. - www.alt-wellness.dk
- Reduce dark circles
- Reduce puffiness
- Exfoliate & refine
- Improve circulation
- Energize the skin
- Improve skin tone
- Release facial tension
- Prevent clogged pores
- Smooth fine lines & wrinkles
- Stimulate the lymphatic system